The 5 star hotel in Manila, Sofitel Philippine Plaza recently launched their official Manila website: www.sofitelmanila.com. When social networking is at everyone’s daily lives, I find it thrilling that companies recognize this happening and does something about it to everyone’s advantage.
As a potential user of the site and guest of the hotel, this official Manila website became Sofitel’s gesture of giving importance and attention to their Filipino clientele or people visiting Manila. Don’t you feel a little more special? Well, I do. Not only because Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila created an official website, but also that it gives potential guests access to the specific places and services that Sofitel can provide. Go to WWW.SOFITELMANILA.COM to capture what I am trying to say.
Sofitelmanila.com’s appearance is simple but with that French flair. It is designed for e-commerce but not sacrificing beauty and usability. It loads quickly yet still contains photo galleries to showcase their different room categories, amenities, facilities and even food offered by the restaurants of Sofitel Philippine Plaza. At the same time, they have the users in mind evident by the ease of usage of the site.
So, what can you do in the website, you might ask?
1. Take a tour. Without having to move location, a guest can do a virtual tour through Sofitel’s website. I thought that this was a great idea because as someone on the consumer end, I would like to see what it is that I am about to pay for. Virtual tours can be found under Rooms & Suites, select a room category and there will be a virtual tour button. Hovering over the Experience tab and click on Virtual Tour also render the same function.
2. Book a room. This one is so easy and quick to do. Just go to a specific date and book a room according to the type that you prefer. At the website’s homepage, there’s a Book a room button. From there, just place details on the arrival, departure and number of occupants. You may choose which type of room you would like to book.
3. Book a table. This is the first time I heard about a 5-star hotel with this kind of feature, allowing their guests the option to book a table at one of the hotel’s restaurants through website. Pretty nifty, don’t you think? Under Bars & Restaurant tab, just select the preferred dining venue, then click on the Book a table button. Enter the details and press Submit. That was simple, easy and fast. I love it.
4. Book a treatment or an event. The website’s functionality does not stop in booking a room in the hotel or a seat in a restaurant. It can also take care of the treatment appointments or ballroom / function room bookings. Longing for a spa treatment or getting your hair trimmed? Book yourself an appointment using Sofitel Philippine Plaza’s website. Guest will just have to hover over the Wellness tab and select whichever venue will cater to his or her needs. The same is true for function room necessities which can be used for group celebrations or business meetings. For this, hover over the Events & Celebrations tab and select according to your needs.
5. Send inquiries, comments or concerns. Just go to the bottom of the website’s page, click Contact Us and fill out the form. It is also where Sofitel Philippine Plaza’s local line can be found. Other than that, are their social media links. Make sure to follow their accounts for updates, events, and promotions. I’ll place the links at the end of this post. You may send in your queries through their social media accounts too so it really pays to connect with them.
I think it is great that Sofitel Manila has taken a step further in making their guests feel invaluable. I love the fact that they provide this amazing service even before one sets foot in their property. For me, this before-sales service creates a prelude to what kind of service is to be expected when guests actually check-in; and with Sofitel going an extra mile, it sets the bar pretty high. I say, it is getting way more than your money’s worth, which is always a good thing.
So, folks, check it out: