Happy new year folks! I miss being able to just sit down and think about things for a bit. It has really been a whirlwind 2014 for me, I could still vividly remember how 2013 ended and how I ushered 2014 and now, 2015 is here! Where did time go?
Truth be told, I find 2014 treated me really well. There were just so much blessings, I often found it difficult to ask for more. I wish I have the power to stop time though and just sit down and appreciate all the blessings which were given to me. The usual ups and downs were there but I’m forever grateful for the family and friends that I have.
Anyhow, before I bore you with my 2014 photos, I want to close off 2014 with a run down of questions below. Just because. Haha.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? A lot! Going to Scandinavia for one. Hehe. Still continuing to live by that “just say yes” way of life. I’m not sure if that’s getting me somewhere but it has definitely got me doing things I have never done before.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I was able to focus more on my health but I’m scared that it might not be the case by doing this gig I’m currently in. I’ll still strive to catch more sleep though.
3. Did anyone close to you die? No, hell no.
4. Did anyone close to you give birth? I can’t remember anyone close who did.
5. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? I won’t say it was lacking in 2014 because I definitely did a lot of traveling. So maybe, more adventure and thoughtful decisions.
6. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Travel in general.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Jumping from one career path to another. I don’t think I’m there yet by my standards but it makes a whole lot of difference when people believe you can actually do something that seems so farfetched.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major, just the occasional colds or flu so I’m really thankful for that.
9. What was the best thing you bought? Material thing would be my so awesome camera! I’m still amazed by it. Haha. Non-material would be plane tickets, it’s always a good idea, people! Buy that ticket! Hehe.
10. Whose behavior merited celebration? Friends who have taken a leap to follow their happiness. Friends who give me great insights, even unsolicited ones. Friends who are family to me and have welcomed me to theirs.
11. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I hate it when people think that you owe them just because they are doing something that is supposed to be their job in the first place. That sense of entitlement just sends me over the edge, hay. Those people who lack humility. Tsk.
12. Where did most of your money go? Wahahahahaha. Am I even going to spell it here? Travel and food. It’s always going to be travel and food. LOL. Soon enough I hope something adds to this that is a bit more long term.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Honestly speaking, Boracay and Coron trips. Boracay because, I’m not kidding nor exaggerating, it is home for me and Coron because it was my first time to go to Palawan. I didn’t realize how much of a beach person I am. Hehe.
14. What song will always remind you of 2014? Magic’s Don’t Kill the Magic. Hehe. It’s catchy and awesome. Also loving Taylor Swift’s Blank Space.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Definitely happier.
Richer or poorer? Debatable, are we factoring in inflation? Hahahaha. I hope richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of? Surfing, writing and photography. Also I wish I had done more research regarding purchasing a home. I would always be too lazy to do so once I reach my house because all I want to do these days is just lay in bed while watching TV series ‘til I pass out. Hehe. Too tired.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of? Hmmm…I wish I could get more productive if I aim to get out of the office earlier.
18. How will you be spending Christmas? Spent it quietly. Eve of it was spent in the office, Chinese lunch (buns buns buns!) then waited for midnight for some feast. Gulped 750ml rose wine which was awesome, and then rested. Christmas Day was steak dinner with family. I think I’ve had enough of steak to last me for a while.
19. Did you fall in love in 2014? I have not thought about it and no, I’m not thinking about it now. Haha. When I am made to feel like it will matter or make a difference, that is the time when I’ll cross that freaking bridge.
20. What was your favorite TV program? The Newsroom, which sadly ended. A new one would be How To Get Away with Murder and The Flash. I am still hooked on Scandal, Elementary, TVD, The Originals, etc.
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope
22. What was the best book you read? I can’t remember finishing any books this year. I know, boo.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? Probably Magic, because I like reggae . Ed Sheeran continues to be such a sweetheart though, singing around and melting people’s hearts. Hehe.
24. What did you want and got? I got to see a different (more awesome) side of Baguio. Bali was so much fun, so fun that I burned my skin pretty seriously. Quick Fuego getaway, going to Northern Europe which was 3 years in the making if I remember it correctly. Then that Tokyo trip – with so much food trip. Followed by that Kuala Lumpur trip – again, food tripping plus so yummy and cheap beer. Experiencing Masskara (an overnight trip!) in Bacolod, then Boracay (yey for beach!) and Coron.
25. What was your fave film of this year? Nothing thought provoking, haha. I liked the Guardians of the Galaxy.
26. What did you do on your birthday? Birthday was work day for me, although I really prefer going to the office. Hehe. Steak lunch at a restaurant that I was meaning to try for so long – so that was good. Then, dinner with family at an ancestral home in Malacañang – which was something I wanted to try as well. That weekend was spent relaxing with home cooked meal (yey!!!) at a house in Subic, then a few days after was dinner with my siblings. Weeks after, I bought food and some booze for our Fuego outing.
27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? Lace I think. I loved apparel with laces although I still stuck it out with plain prints and solid colors
28. What kept you sane? Hope I think. These days it would be any form of escape from daily routine. Hehe. A vacation planned would definitely be welcomed! Hay, I miss travel.
29. Which celebrity figure you fancy the most? Still Ian Somerhalder
30. Who was the best new person you met? Lots actually, hope some of them stay for some time
31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014? I just read this a few days ago “No one who ever gave his best regretted it”. Such a nice thought, and true too. Enjoy life. Make time for people whom you care about and who care about you. Value time and value people. (Sorry I’m rambling).